Thank you …
to everyone who has embraced the gift of giving this season. The donations of money, gift cards, and the stuffed backpacks that have been steadily dropped off at the Sports Office. We delivered 47 backpacks to Avenue 15. 24 youth were adopted in only two days and another 23 generic packs were given. The thoughtful attention to detail in creating the backpacks for the homeless youth at Avenue 15 is touching and inspiring.
- to the member who just read this message and donated $2500 online – WOW! Thank you!
- to the family who decided to donate their Xmas exchange gift money to Project Angel instead of buying gifts for each other.
- to the member who took this project to her office and adopted a teen.
- to the member that adopted TWO youth with very generous items in the backpacks.
- to the Maintenance Department (Karene) for organizing the Poinsettia Sales! It put $1000 in the fund after selling 100 poinsettias. Thank you to the member who purchased 12 plants!
- to the Administration Department for filling little tin toolboxes with 16 gift cards for eight lucky recipients.
- to the Aquatics Department for adopting one of the youth and the Gators who sold their extra t-shirts for $50.
- to our HR Department who hosted a Festive Sweater day where staff paid money for the opportunity to wear jeans and a sweater. Ka-ching! $97
- to the Tennis Department for hosting a Cardio Tennis event and to the 41 members who donated $100 to participate. We netted just over $3700.
- to the Bridge Section for their Tree-mendous Bridge Event donating, cash, cheques and cards to decorate the tree valued at over $2160.
- to the Golf Department for donating 19 Superstore gift cards to supplement the backpacks.
- to the Curling Department for the very successful Celebrity Super Spare Silent Auction bringing in over $4700!
- to the Pro Shop who lovingly wrapped hundreds of presents, hosted a member Appreciation Day, Spin-to-Win Contest as well as organized door prizes valued at over $5000 from their vendors. Many thanks to La Blend, Liverpool, Lucky in Love, Manstead, Maui Jims, Nic & Zoe, Paper E-Clips, Part II, Pistil, Royal Robbins, Sugoi, Tyr, V.Fraas, Wilson and Yogini. So far, just over $2500 has been donated.
- to the Banquet Department for gathering all the food & gifts from the three Family Xmas Parties. Four van-loads of goodies were delivered to the Veterans Food Bank.
- to Shipping for delivering the donations!
- to the staff member who took this project home and her family filled a backpack for one of the homeless girls.
- to the staff member who owns a honey farm and supplied the honey for the Bee-a-Honey project and for the Kitchen staff for donating the cost of the Heavenly Tortes. The Café sold 64 jars of honey netting $128 and the Sports Lounge and Grill Room sold the tortes donating $660 to Project Angel.
- to the Sports Office for being Heaven Central. They carefully kept track of 37 cash, on account or credit card donations averaging $93.75, processed the adoptions and collected the backpacks. We couldn’t have done it without you.
- from the Lost and Found, we re-gifted 12 pairs of sunglasses, 5 watches, some bracelets and an mp3 player.
- to the Accounting Department for being the keeper of the funds.
- to the Membership Department for looking up addresses for the charitable receipts
- to my Communications team for creating the displays, sending the emails, creating this website and anything else that was needed for Project Angel. We shopped for 50 adult bus tickets and 374 gift cards for a total of $12,020. When the dust settles in January, we will use the reaming funds to purchase more gift cards and bus tickets.
Staff and Members should be proud of what we have been able to accomplish in 30 days and even in the changing Calgary economic climate. Thank you for your generous and continued support. Every little bit helps! We processed 101 donations totally $13581.58 requesting charitable receipts. Avenue 15 was overwhelmed by our generosity and I know we have all made a difference in the lives of many local vulnerable youth.
Should you receive any gift cards for Christmas you can’t use or don’t want, think about donating them to Project Angel. Until January 4, dropboxes will be available at the Main Reception and Sports Desk where they can be deposited.
My heartfelt thanks,